Last few days of couplehood

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thought it'll be good to pen down some thoughts before my little boy arrives...

Last 2 weeks have been really "happening"...

The H1N1 scare...2 thursdays ago, I fell pretty sick with cough and fever and went to the GP. Was told it was 50% H1N1 and was then asked by my Ob/Gyn to take the test to ascertain. Hence Hubby took time off from work for the day and drove me to KKH for the test. Didn't realised KKH was so huge!! When we arrived, we went to the 24 hr clinic at the basement and was asked to proceed to the 2nd floor diagnostic clinic as the 24 hr clinic only served women up to 5 months pregnant. Off we went to the diagnostic clinic and was then asked to go next door to the labour ward as I'm already almost full term! Was quite terrible to have to walk so much when I was feeling really woozy and sick!

Finally, at the labour ward, they did the test and I was put under observation for 1 hour...hooked me up to a baby monitoring machine and I could hear Caleb swooshing away inside me during the entire hour, seemingly unperturbed by what's happening to mummy...after an hour, I was finally "released" and given the green light to go home. the Doc told me I'll get my results in 24 hours and if by the next day I don't hear from them, I should be cleared.Came friday and there was no news...and I thank God for His covering and protection that I didn't get H1N1 after all! Still was absent from work for 5 days though as the ful virus was really bad and my cough hasn't really dissipated until today...but definitely getting better :)

Because I was unable to confirm if it was H1N1, I had to miss my final presentation for my course...but thank God my lecturer was really nice and postponed my presentation to a week later. I also had really nice team members who didn't blame me but showered their concern throughout the week. Finally, I did the presentation last week, and thus ended my semester.Work wise, I also managed to clear by Friday and began my maternity leave the day after the National Day PH.

So for now, my full time job is just to rest and wait for Baby Caleb to arrive...did a VE during my gynae appmt last saturday and was told my amniotic fluid was borderline and I'm already 1cm dilated, and his parting words were "I'll see you next saturday if nothing happens". Not sure if its psychological, but these last 2 days I've been feeling rather different...finding it very tiring to even walk for a short distance and starting to get bouts of headache and nausea again...read from some websites that this could be due to some final surge of hormones before labour.

Now I'm just spending my days anticipating the birth...really don't know what to expect as I didn't have any braxton hicks contractions during my pregnancy...and Caleb is still as active as ever inside. Well, I guess when the labour contraction kicks in, I'll probably recognize it...like what most women mentioned on forums...I do pray that it will be a quick labour though! Cos I'm trying to go without the epi if possible....and I certainly hope I can contract naturally without having to be induced! Think I'm getting rather impatient already...hoping he'll come soon as its getting really uncomfortable to move around!

On a happy note, my helper has arrived since 2 weeks ago and I'm SO glad that my home is clean, neat and tidy again! Yeah! She's a sweet gal and so far Hubby and I are very happy with her and getting used to living under the same roof. Praying that she'll continue to be a great help as a nanny to Caleb when he's born!

Oh I hope he comes soon!

0 comments: