Also three and a half months

Friday, August 24, 2007

Was just reading my friend's blog where she mentioned that her baby was 3 and a half months old now. And I realised that my marriage is also 3 and a half months old! Feels like it's been a long long time though.

It's such a queer feeling...I don't know if newly weds out there feels the same way as I do. It feels like we've been married all this while. It's strange to have my own home now and when I go back to visit my parents, it feels strange to feel detached from my previous home. It doesn't feel like my home anymore but yet that's were I lived for the past 7 years or so.

When I see my dog, he's still very attached to me, but yet it feels strange to say goodbye to him everytime I leave my parent's place. I wonder how he sees me now? Am I still his favourite che che or am I just like any other guests who comes and goes? I wonder...

When I sleep at night, I wonder how it is like to have someone sleep beside for the rest of my life...it's a strange feeling. Seeing my husband as a husband now, but yet he was my boyfriend and fiance for the past 4 years. It's strange how I adapted to the change in status of girlfriend to fiancee much faster and better than from fiance to wife!

It's strange because marriage is nothing like what I had imagined it to be. Our courtship feels like a dream and a real-life historical event at the same time. Our marriage is reality but it still feels so dreamlike. It's just really strange.

Since the wedding, I get bouts of feelings of detachment from this world. There will be times at home or at work where I feel like as those I'm looking at my world through a crystal ball, where I'll be a spectator looking out from inside a crystal ball. Sometimes things don't seem real but I know it's reality that I'm living in. Sometimes I feel like I'm living a dream.

Is this the effects of adjustment to a new phase in life? Or am I just tired most of the time...and the lack to sleep causes this dreamy zombie mode I'm in? I'm not sure...haha...but it's just a strange and bizarre feeling I get sometimes.

Sometimes I wonder if it's must me...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know wat you mean! sometimes i ask myself too, did my mum feel this way when she married my dad and moved out to stay?

and now we've our own home, it's kinda like "huh, this is MY home. my permanent home, and not just some temporary roof"!