Driving...

Thursday, August 07, 2008

I'm gaining more confidence in driving now....after not driving for 5 years, I'm slowly but surely regaining my confidence behind the wheels. Since we got the car in early July, I must say I have moved from being petrified to "very alert and careful". Still feel my tension rising as the speed of the car picks up tho...

Once again, I really thank God for the car that have provided us so much more convenience. It's a car we prayed for, nothing too lavish, but it serves our needs. We call it our "baby" now cos of it's size. Tho its a 4-door sedan, often in the carparks, it will be well hidden behind the surrounding larger cars...haha...But this cute little thing is an evidence of prayers answered by God, right down to the details:

We prayed for affordability - the car cost us only $6700, which we were able to pay in full, means no loans or interest! Also because it's 1-litre, road tax is cheaper.

We prayed for reliability - well, except that the pick up is slow, and the car doesn't have much horsepower (it'll probably never hit 100kph cos it's only a 1-litre car with a Sedan body...you get the drift), it's in pretty good condition, and comes with a good Sony sound system too!

We prayed for a car that we and our parents will like - My in-laws are glad for us, and we can now explore more places outside Yishun for our dinner, and my parents are super happy that now we can fetch them to church

I prayed for something that I'll dare to drive - it being a 17 year old car, I have less worries driving it because not so heart-pain even if I boo-boo with my driving. On the roads, newer and more expensive cars tend to give way too....not worth getting too close to us..haha!

Hubby prayed for a car before his reservist so he can drive to ulu Kranji...and we got the car the week before he went on his reservist!

Only one thing left to be prayed for...this car has a rather high fuel consumption (9km/ltr) so we're praying for God to either stretch our fuel usage or give us the means to afford the petrol costs!

Now, I'm praying for courage to be able to drive on my own soon without Hubby in the car with me...cos I'll want to be able to drive to college when lessons start end of this month!

0 comments: