Ear Infection

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My right ear started to ache since saturday to the extend that it was blocked. The kind of feeling you get when you go swimming and water gets into your ears but can't get out...

Kind of got worse on Sunday so I decided to go to the doctor on monday to have it checked since most clinics were closed on sundays.Monday morning it got worse again, this time my gums and right side of the throat started to ache as well! So off I went to the doctor...

When I was there, he used this apparatus to look into my ear and it really hurt! because my ear was already swollen and painful on the inside. Then he told me it looked like a broken ear drum! I was shocked when I heard that...but he couldn't really tell as there were quite abit of dirt inside my ear. So he gave me some ear drops and antibiotics and I am to visit him again in 2 weeks again to ascertain what's wrong.

These past 2 days have been so uncomfortable for me...I couldn't really hear properly although the pain has subsided. It now comes on and off and my gums and throat doesn't hurt that much anymore. But it's really weird to hear myself more loudly than I hear others whenever I'm conversing! And I can't really judge how loud I am speaking because I hear myself more loudly than usual...

I have half my mind to go take an xray to find out if it's a broken ear drum or infection! But guess the wise thing to do now is to wait...and pray! I am now standing on and claiming His promise that by His stripes I am healed! So I haven't been worried per se, just feeling very irritable. sometimes my ears itch by I don't really dare to touch it!

Hope that the weird and uncomfortable feeling goes away soon and I can hear normally once again!

0 comments: