8 weeks and 3 days...

Saturday, January 17, 2009

That's how far I am now as of today. Went for my second gynea appointment and saw Baby for the second time. This time however the heart beat was not so obvious as the last time, perhaps cos Baby as grown more mass around the heart! But am glad to see that Baby as grown much since the last time we "met"...from a mere 0.37cm to 1.7cm today. Well done Baby! Continue to grow strong and active! EDD is 26 Aug (seems so far away....) 


Doc explained about Down Syndrome to us today as well, and told us the few options of tests that we may want to take to check if Baby has DS. But I think we will likely give the test a miss as come what may, we will still keep Baby. For now, it's just to cover Baby in our prayers and bless him/her daily!

I surfed the websites to read about the fetal development of Baby this week and is so excited to see the new things that are growing each week! Can't wait to see how much more Baby will grow the next time we visit the gynea :)

Really thank God that I still do not have the terrible morning sickness that many mommies experience. Mine is still mainly tiredness, sometimes fatigue, and the occasional surprise attacks of giddy spells. Ironically, I feel nauseous when I'm hungry, not after I eat. Cravings wise...nothing in particular except for sweet and cold drinks...which I'm trying to control. Been feeling hotter lately and quite uncomfortable! And I get aches all over too! Especially in my butt :( It hurts when I'm changing from a sitting or lying position to standing position and vice versa....sigh...feel like an old woman sometimes...because of this, I find my overall movements have slowed down...so that it's not so painful...

Told my doc about this and he said it's fine...and to "expect more pain in the days to come"...I'm not looking forward to that so much :s But for now, it's still a smooth pregnancy so far and I'm praying that it will continue to be so that I have the energy to work, teach piano and study! Although everything is part-time, but sometimes feels overwhelming when added up together. Doesn't help that I feel so tired these days...really need to rely on God's strength to see me through!

May His strength continue to uphold me in this journey!


1 comments:

auntjess said...

Hi gal,

congrats =) Will be praying for you and your family of three now..=)

Anyhow, have you completed your studies? =)

Auntjess =)